Friday, January 11, 2008

I had so much fun in Bali. My friends and I were able to go to an English speaking church and visit an orphanage. We also went to a bird park and reptile park and got to watch people weaving, carving wood, and making silver jewelry by hand. We spent New Year's Eve huddled in Starbucks because it was pouring rain. When we walked back to the hotel after midnight, we had to walk through the flooded streets and there were lots of drunk people flying down the road on their motorbikes screaming. We went bowling a couple of times and saw National Treasure 2 at the theater for only about $1.50. Near the end of the trip, my friends and I decided to hike up a volcano so we left the hotel at 2:30am and started hiking at 4am with our guide. At 6am we made it to the top just in time to see the sunrise. It was so amazing. I also went to the waterpark which was very impressive. On the last day, I tried boogie boarding, but it wasn't so fun because the water was so disgusting - it was full of trash. My last meal was at Bubba Gump's, which is my favorite place to eat there. I also had several foot and back massages because they were only about $5 for 1 hour. School starts on Wednesday and 3 of my students will not be here - one has medical problems, one can't get her visa renewed, and one's house burnt down. It will be hard to see them go. I'm also going to have a few new students so things will be different and adjustments will be made. Well, that's life at an MK school.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home